Kevin Crooks, PLLC

No Recovery, No Fee!

Have you been wrongly injured?
Call us today for a free consultation!

502-583-6667 Call Now!

Motor Vehicle Accidents Involving Minors

What happens when your child is injured in a car accident with you or in someone else’s vehicle?

Minors are generally entitled to bring the same claims as an adult accident victim. But there are often additional requirements mandated by law, the Court, or at the request of the insurance companies involved.

These requirements may include:

Appointing a Guardian to act on behalf of the minor;

Obtaining Court approval of the negotiated settlement terms;

Establishing a blocked account at a financial institution to maintain the minor’s settlement funds until he/she reaches the age of majority;

Periodically filing updates with the Court;

Obtaining Court approval to release the minor’s settlement funds from the blocked account because he/she has reached the age of majority.

We are experienced in handling the injury claims of minors and will explore all possible sources of recovery to make sure you’re fully compensated and stay in compliance with the law.

If your child has been injured in an accident in Kentucky or Indiana, please contact us now for a free initial consultation to see how we can be of service to you.

(502) 583-6667